- Detects and separates smallest metallic contaminations from grinding stock, regenerated material, new material, and other free-falling bulk materials
- Reduces production losses and machine damage
- Easy integration in existing pipes with Jacob connections (funnel option for RAPID VARIO 30-50)
- Minimum loss of good material
- Separate detection and separation units for individual adaptation of the fall height and the separating direction (180° rotatable)
- Patented reject mechanism ensures effective and reliable removal of contaminants
The RAPID VARIO PRIMUS metal separator removes all kinds of metallic contaminations (steel, special steel, aluminium, ...) from free-falling, free-flowing bulk materials. Metal contaminants (also metal particles which, for example, are enclosed in a granulate grain) are separated by way of a special separating flap ("Quick-Flap-System") that has been specifically developed for this application. The minimum loss of good material is another advantage of this "Quick-Flap-System".
In the plastics industry the RAPID VARIO PRIMUS metal separator frequently is used for the purpose of machine protection. Costly malfunctions of machines and die repairs are reduced, and profitability is considerably increased. For the protection of pulverising mills or after cutting mills (cyclones) and dosing units (star feeders, vibro chutes) the separator is installed in vertical pipes. The metal separator furthermore is an important component of quality assurance. It is employed both for intermediate inspection after certain production steps and for outgoing goods inspection.
The RAPID VARIO PRIMUS metal separator also is suitable for similar applications in other industry sectors (e.g. in the animal feed and chemical industry)
The RAPID VARIO PRIMUS metal separator is characterised by the following performance features:
- high mechanical stability and noise immunity guarantee optimal metal detection
- permanent self-monitoring and temperature compensation ensure reliable operation
- once the optimal scanning sensitivity and separating duration have been set, the metal separator runs in fully automatic operation without interrupting the material flow.
- the separating unit as standard is of special-steel design (1.4301)
- due to the separate detection and separating units the free-fall height can be individually adapted, and the position of the contaminant outlet can be adjusted on site (patented)
- because of its extremely small height the separator can easily be installed in already existing pipes
- standard pipe connections (Jacob) and feed funnels (size 30-50) make it possible to install the separator in a very short time
- additional separator versions for higher material temperatures or for abrasive bulk materials are available
Typical field of application:
- Plastics industry: Machine protection, quality assurance
- Food industry: Quality assurance
- Chemical industry: Quality assurance
- Recycling industry: Machine protection
- Timber industry: Machine protection
- Animal feed industry: Quality assurance
The RAPID VARIO PRIMUS metal separator is available in the following standard nominal widths: 30, 50, 70, 100, 120, 150, 200, 250 mm. Other sizes are available on request.
1) Infeed 2) Detection coil 3) Metal contamination 4) Separation flap 5) Waste rejection 6) Material outlet 7) Separation unit (turnable, removable)